Opt HR Privacy Notice
This privacy notice applies to the processing of personal data including information we collect and as explained below by:
- Opt HR Limited, if you access our products and services, and
references in this policy to “Opt HR”, “we” “us” or “our” should be interpreted accordingly.
Types of information we process and where it comes from
- The information you’ve provided to us, including through networking, our website and social media or when you access our services through applications on websites operated by other organisations.
- Information about our products and services you’ve purchased or enquired about.
- Information provided to us by other organisations, such as address verification services (e.g. Royal Mail in the UK) and credit reference agencies and this includes personal data that is publicly available.
- Information, uploads, user-generated content, and comments you make about or generate in accessing the advertisements, products and services you use.
Why we may use your information
The main purpose for which we process your personal data is so that we can, provide you with products and services.
In addition, we also use your personal data for the following legitimate business purposes:
- Managing our products and services for our clients. This information is held securely within restricted areas accessible only by authorised personnel and in accordance with our data retention deletion and acceptable use policies.
- Improving our products, services and customer experiences by monitoring your use of our products and services and to improve the products and services we offer and develop new products and services.
- Monitoring, recording, storing and using customer service communications we have with you. This helps us to improve the quality of our customer service, to confirm any instructions you give us, to create a customer profile to have better conversations and/or for training, development and to meet our legal and regulatory responsibilities.
- Marketing to the people most likely to be interested in the products and services being promoted. To do this, we create a profile about you which we use to define groups of audiences to whom we send adverts, based on factors like interests, age, location and more.
- For market research.
- Safeguarding an individual’s vital interests.
- Complying with our legal and regulatory obligations.
How we share your information
We work with a number of suppliers to process your personal data for the purposes described below. These suppliers act on our behalf and must only process your personal data in accordance with our instructions. The categories of suppliers that we use include:
- IT companies
- Marketing companies that deliver our communications
Unless you’ve asked us not to (see below) we may also use your information on the basis of your consent or our legitimate interest:
- To provide you with more relevant information and tailored offers (including discounts). Opt HR can serve different marketing to groups of people and to different customers or individuals. We use the information you have provided to us or information we have collected about you to tailor the marketing you receive and make them more relevant to you.
- To send you direct marketing. This may include communications by post, telephone, SMS, email or other electronic means, using the contact details you have provided, about us and our products and services, events and special offers, including, for a reasonable time after you have ceased to be a customer of ours (see further details below).
- To send you newsletters about our services and relevant products.
Keeping your data up to date and your rights
You can contact us on 03330 509 657 or email email@example.com to update, amend, correct your information. You also have the following rights:
- To request access to, or erasure of, the personal data we hold about you.
- To request us to restrict the processing of the personal data we hold about you.
- To object to us processing personal data relating to you.
- Where you have given us consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
- You have the right to obtain certain personal data from us in a format that can be transferred electronically to a third party (also called “data portability”).
Please note that some of these rights are not absolute. In some cases, we may refuse a request to exercise particular rights if complying with it meant that we are no longer able to meet our contractual obligation to provide you with particular products and services.
However, we will keep you informed as to the actions that we can take when you make your request.
Managing your marketing preferences
Direct marketing and tailored advertising
You can always choose not to receive direct marketing or tailored advertising from us in the following ways:
- Clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in any electronic marketing information from us
How long we keep your information
We retain your information in accordance with our data retention, deletion and security policies. These set out the criteria we use to determine how long we keep your information, what measures we put in place to keep your information safe and secure. When deciding what to retain, we take into account what information we need to best provide you with products and services, manage your relationship with us, meet our statutory obligations and meet our customers’ and previous customers reasonable expectations.
If you wish to make a complaint about how we use your information, please contact us on 024 7615 8431 and we will do our best to help. If you’re still unhappy, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office via their website or the Irish Data Protection Commissioner via their website.
Contacting Opt HR
If you have any queries or comments about this privacy notice, please write to Opt HR Limited, 3Mc Middlemarch Business Park, Siskin Drive, Coventry CV3 4FJ
Changes to this notice
We will occasionally update our privacy notice. We will post a notice of any material changes on our website prior to implementing the changes, and, where appropriate, notify you using any of the contact details we hold for you for this purpose. This may include phone, SMS, e-mail, post or interactive social media. We encourage you to periodically review our notice to be informed of how we use your information.
This privacy and cookies notice was last updated 1 August 2018.